The guide for soft reset and factory reset on Amazon Fire Tablet. Learn exactly what to do to use this powerful tool effectively when troubleshooting.
Resetting your Amazon Fire Tablet is one of the solutions you can opt for during troubleshooting. When you are stuck with a stubborn problem, these two methods can be your best bet.
For many users, how to soft reset and factory reset Amazon Fire Tablet is not a familiar concept for them. Let us explain in detail what they are.
A soft reset can help you get rid of a minor problem. A factory reset is often referred to as the last option since it will erase all device data. For the less tech-savvy, it does sound like an intimidating thing to do.
That’s where this tutorial comes in. We provide a handbook for those wanting to do either reset method, but don’t know how to do it. Read the guide below to help you get started with the procedure.
How to soft reset an Amazon Fire Tablet
Doing a soft reset is comparatively easy. Follow the steps below on how to soft reset an Amazon Fire Tablet:
- Press the Volume Down and the Power button. Press and hold these two buttons for several seconds. Fourth-generation Fire Tablets can just press and hold the Power button.
- Tap “OK” on the confirmation window. If the device asks for confirmation, this option is the one you choose.
- Wait for the screen to shut off. Then restart it by pressing the Power button.
A soft reset is similar to a restart. It can be the first step before you can go to the more advanced reset. It’s perfect for minor problems or when the phone is unresponsive. If an issue goes away with just a soft reset, you won’t need to do anything else.
How to factory reset an Amazon Fire Tablet via Settings
Follow carefully the steps below when you want to factory reset an Amazon Fire Tablet:
- Backup your device. You can do it by selecting Device Options > Backup & Restore on the Settings menu.
- Go to “Settings.” Again, open the Settings menu. You can do it by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Tap “Device Options.” Search for this sub-menu and tap to select.
- Choose “Reset to Factory Defaults.” A warning window will appear. Read it and if you agree with it, tap the option “Reset.” Wait for the Fire Tablet to finish the reset process. It will automatically reboot when it’s done.
As you will see on the confirmation window, a factory reset will erase everything on the tablet. This is why a backup is the first step before doing the factory reset. Even with backup, if won’t save the downloaded content. You will need to download them again on your tablet.
- How to turn On / Off Safe Mode on Amazon Fire Tablet
- How to force restart a frozen Amazon Fire Tablet
For unresponsive devices, using the buttons is the alternative to the Settings option. Here’s how to use buttons to factory reset on Amazon Fire Tablet:
- Press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power button. Press them for several seconds until the tablet enters Recovery mode.
- Highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option. Use the Volume Down key to navigate. Then select using the Power key.
- You will see a confirmation window. Using the Volume Down key again, navigate to the option “Yes – delete all user data” and select it using the Power button.
- Wait until the phone finishes the factory reset. It will reboot afterward.
This method of resetting using buttons is perfect if your phone won’t turn on or is frozen. It’s the choice for certain situations but unfortunately, you can’t access the backup option.
The key to successful resets is following the instructions carefully. Hopefully, our how to soft reset and factory reset Amazon Fire Tablet tutorial is clear enough for you. Therefore you can go through the process successfully and get rid of the issues you’ve been trying to get rid of.