Can’t browse with the Silk browser in your Kindle Fire? Fix it right away by following the available troubleshooting action and have this browser work again so you can resume your work with it once again.
Silk browser is the default browser on Kindle Fire. Users can use it for various things, including accessing Amazon stores.
But what if one day you find that your Silk browser is not working properly? It won’t open and keep crashing every time you try to run it.
Before you do anything to fix it, make sure that there is no setting that restricts you to access Silk browser. It means that you have to:
- Make sure that the internet is connected properly. If the device didn’t connect properly, you won’t be able to use the Silk browser
- Check the “Parental Controls” setting. Parental Controls restrict people from accessing certain features on their Kindle Fire including this one. Check it by going to “Settings > Parental Controls”. If this feature is enabling, you need to disable it. Alternatively, you can keep enable it but unblock Web Browser by tap the “Blocked” option next to Web Browser to open the access
Once you check that, entire move to the troubleshooting action and they are:
Clear app data
By clearing application data, your personal information such as bookmarks will be erased so you may need to back it up first.
To clear application data on Kindle Fire, swipe down the screen, tap “Settings > Apps and Games > Manage All Application > swipe from right edge to show All Application > Silk Browser > Clear Data”.
Switch to mobile view
Switching to mobile view may help if your Silk browser is crashing because it is unable to view the web with Adobe flash content. To switch to mobile view, open “Silk Browser > Menu > Request Mobile Site”.
Now you can try to browse again using the Silk browser. The above troubleshooting action should help you to clear this issue so you can enjoy your browsing time again.
You might be interested to read following tutorials:
- How to Reset Parental Controls Password on Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- How to Set Up Parental Controls on Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- How to Hard Reset / Factory Reset Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- How to Force Restart Frozen Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- How to Extend Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire HD Battery Life
- How to Manage Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire HD Device Storage
- How to Reset Lock Screen Password or PIN on Kindle Fire and Fire HD
- How to Fix Kindle Fire and Fire HD Bluetooth that Won’t Connect
- How to Use the Mayday Button on the Kindle Fire HDX
- How to Fix Kindle Fire and Fire HD Content Won’t Download or Sync
- How to Fix Kindle Fire and Fire HD Wi-Fi Won’t Connect Problem
- How to Get a Refund on Accidental Purchases in Kindle Fire
- How to Fix Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire HD that Won’t Charge