Learn about the complete troubleshooting to perform when dealing with a performance issue on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro where it can be done at home and have the problem solved in no time.
The proud owner of a smartphone such as Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro needs to know everything about the phone. Not only you need to know how it works its capability and its limitation, you also need to know how to deal with all kind of performance issue, at least a minor one.
You don’t have to work on some complicated troubleshooting actions that require you to work with the inner component of the phone or its software.
What you need to know is the basic troubleshooting to get you started. Basic troubleshooting is the first thing that you can do to fix performance issue with the phone.
When the phone starts acting out, perform these basic troubleshooting actions. It could help you greatly and in most cases, it will work perfectly.
- How to Boot the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Safe Mode
- How to Boot the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Recovery Mode
- How to Wipe Cache Partition the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
- How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
- How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
- How to Force Restart a Frozen Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro that Won’t Turn On
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro that Won’t Charge
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro Screen Won’t Auto Rotate
- How To Fix “Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped” on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
How to Boot the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Safe Mode
Safe Mode is a different operating mode. It looks exactly like the standard operating mode you use every day, but in Safe Mode the 3rd party app installed on the phone will be disabled temporarily.
A 3rd party app that was poorly built or didn’t fit well with the system will disturb the flow, thus causing a problem with the phone performance.
When you boot the phone into Safe Mode and the phone works exceptionally well, it shows you that one of those 3rd party apps is causing trouble.
In this case, the logical thing to do is to get rid of the additional apps. Which app to get rid of? That is something you need to work on your own. If the problem shows up after you installed an app, then it is more likely that is the one you are looking for.
But first you need to boot Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Safe Mode by following the guide below:
- Power off your Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. Just hold the Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Press and hold Power button until Samsung logo appear on the screen.
- This is the tricky part. When Samsung logo appears on the screen release Power button and press Volume Down button immediately. Fail to do this mean you phone will boot back to normal mode and you have to repeat the process all offer again.
- Keep pressing Volume Down button until the phone finished it boot up process and you see the home screen is on.
- Notice the “Safe Mode” text written on the bottom left of the screen, which means the attempt to boot into Safe Mode was a successful one.
Evaluate the phone performance in this mode. If everything runs smoothly and no sign of performance issue that show up in standard operating mode, you can be sure that the problem caused by 3rd party app.
How to Boot the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Recovery Mode
If you can’t boot into the standard operating mode or you still dealing with the same problem in Safe Mode, booting the phone into Recovery Mode is next on the list.
In this mode, you can work on different kind of things that could help you solve the problem such as wipe cache partition, factory reset, system updates and so on.
To boot Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Recovery Mode, please follow the guide below:
- Turn off your Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. Press and hold Power button and select the “Power Off” option.
- Now, press and hold Power, Volume Up, and Home button in the same time.
- Keep pressing until you see the “Recovery Booting” written on the top of the screen and then release your hold on those buttons.
- Wait until the booting process is complete. During the booting, you may get message that warn you that the phone is entering “Recovery Mode”. Choose to continue with this process.
- Now you enter the Recovery Mode menu. Use Volume button to navigate through the available menu and highlight the one that you wish to perform.
- Press Power button to select the preferred action.
- When you are done with this mode, reboot the phone back to standard operating mode by choosing “Reboot System Now” option.
What options to take in Recovery Mode? That is depending on the problem and the possible solution. If you want to update the system to improve the performance, then go for the system update system but if you want to bring the phone back to its original factory state, choose factory reset option.
Booting the phone into Recovery Mode itself is not the solution for the problem but it gives you the access to do what is necessary to fix the problem.
How to Wipe Cache Partition the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
Wipe cache partition refer to the act of erasing the entire phone cache partition. This particular action will clear any issue on the phone that happen because of bad and corrupted cache.
What makes this “Wipe cache partition” part of basic troubleshooting actions? You need to understand that the phone build cache data to load an app or open your favorite website faster. Cache data works great in general but when it gets corrupted, it will create problems.
How to solve those problems? Easy, just erase the corrupted data. No corrupted data to disturb the flow of the system means no more problem.
It was that simple and since cache data is only temporary data, you don’t have to worry about losing real data and document stored on the phone. This action is perfectly safe to do and in fact, you can do this as often as you want.
Wipe cache partition can act as a solution to a problem and it also doubles as prevention action. It makes this simple act as an important thing you need to master.
To wipe cache partition on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro, please follow the guide below:
- Boot your Galaxy J3 Luna Pro into Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume button to move between the menu and highlight “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Press Power button to select this option and wait for the process to complete.
- When it’s done, find the “Reboot System Now” option and use Power button to choose it. It should bring the phone back to standard operating mode.
Wipe cache partition is a direct troubleshooting action that makes it different from the other two. It deals directly with the real cause of the problem while the other troubleshooting actions work differently, either by giving you some insight into the cause of the problem or give you the access to other solutions.
Despite the difference, Safe Mode, Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition is the basic troubleshooting action that you really need to know. You can fix the problem by using just one of it or perhaps all of them.
But remember that these are only the basic troubleshooting actions. In a more difficult case, you may have to consult the problem with a technician who was better equipped to deal with it.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
Hard reset will bring the phone back to its original factory setting. When you perform this action on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro, the entire set of the phone will go to default, to the factory setting.
That is not the only thing that will change. When the phone brought back to its default setting, everything else that was not there in the in the first place will be erased.
It means, everything you download, the additional app you installed after you bought the phone, the file you stored on the phone will be gone.
Method 1: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (Powered On)
- Go to “Settings > General Management” on your Galaxy J3 Luna Pro.
- Find the “Reset” option among the available menu and tap on it.
- You will find more option, and you need to find “Factory Data Reset” and then tap on it.
- At the bottom, you will see the option of “Reset“, tap on this option as well.
- One more thing, tap on the “Delete All” option and now the factory reset will begin.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, the device will turn back on automatically.
The above method works well if you can access your phone settings, but if you find that you can’t access the menu due to frozen or unresponsive phone, work it out with the second method.
Method 2: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (Powered Off)
- Turn OFF your Galaxy J3 Luna Pro completely.
- In the same time, press and hold Power button, Home button and Volume Up button for several seconds.
- Release Power button only when Samsung logo appear on the screen.
- Release the rest button when Android logo appear, the recovery menu will appear.
- Choose “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option using Volume button and Power button to select it.
- Choose “Yes – delete all user data” to confirm the whole operation.
- Select “Reboot System Now” when it has complete.
The phone should work normal right now without any more problem that bothers you before. Any of the problem within the phone caused by the change you made after you bought the phone will be gone as well.
That what makes it so popular because it practically solves every problem in your hand. Indeed it will erase everything, but if you take precaution by back up every file and data in another storage media, you will be fine.
How to Take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
What do you know about a screenshot? A screenshot is a picture of the screen. Why do you want to take one? For various reasons, but usually, people take a screenshot of a conversation or a specific website that they wish to keep for further use or share it with other people.
Just follow the simple steps by steps below to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro:
- Prepare the screen you want to capture.
- Press Power button and Home button at the same time until white flash appears on the screen.
- The screenshot is automatically saved and you can view it from Gallery > Albums > Screenshot.
You can see that it was so easy to take a screenshot. The only thing you must practice is how to press both buttons at the same time. If you press one button before the other, it won’t work. So, practice to master it.
When you view the screenshot, look at the bottom of the screen and find three options: Share, Edit and Delete. What do you want to do with the screenshot? Edit it, share it immediately using the available app on the phone or delete it when you don’t really need it.
How to Force Restart a Frozen Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
Frozen or unresponsive smartphone is a common issue. It happens all the time to all type of smartphone. What causes this problem? System crash and glitches are the most common cause so when dealing with this problem, clearing the crash and glitches should fix it.
So what are you going to do when your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro suddenly goes frozen? You deal with the cause. Restarting the phone will clear those things but since you can’t do it the usual way, you have to force restart it. It won’t harm the phone and it will clear the problem to make it ready to use.
You can force restart Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro by taking out the battery. Take out the battery and leave it for some time. To make it more effective, press Power button for one minute to drain trapped current. After that, put the battery back and turn it on. It’s crude but it will work.
If you are not up to it, try another method. No need to pull out the battery, just press Power button and Volume Down button at the same time and keep it for a couple of seconds.
It works the same way as the first method to force restart the system. Just press those buttons and when it’s off, release it and just wait for it to come back alive.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro that Won’t Turn On
There are reasons why your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro refuses to turn on. You need to recognize the possible cause of this issue so you can deal with it properly. Here is the list of possible cause of this issue and how to work your way around it.
1. System crash
A system crash is the first possibility to consider. Deal with it to solve the problem. In this case, force reboot the phone will do the job to fix this problem.
Take out the battery and press Power button for one minute to drain trapped electricity in the capacitor. After that, put the battery back and turn it on. If it won’t turn on, try the next solution.
2. No more power on the battery
No power on the battery means no power to turn on the phone. Charge the battery for a couple of minutes and then turn it on. It should solve the problem right away.
3. Bad third party app
A third party app that was poorly build or didn’t work in harmony with the system could lead to this issue. You need to boot the phone into Safe Mode to check for this possibility.
If you can boot the phone into Safe Mode, it is obvious that one of those 3rd party apps is the source of the problem. Get rid of the app and you should be able to turn on the phone.
4. Problem with the firmware
Boot the phone into Recovery Mode where the firmware won’t be loaded. Try this as the final step after you try everything. If you can boot the phone in this mode, you got firmware problem. In this case, take the phone to a technician or better yet, Samsung’s technician to get it fix.
Those are things that you should do when you are dealing with this problem. Try the above solutions and hopefully you can fix it without having to resort to professional help, but if nothing work, a trip to a technician is in order.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro that Won’t Charge
A smartphone that won’t charge is a common issue. It means it happened to other types of smartphone before, so there is a good list of solutions to try when you are dealing with the same issue with Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro.
Clear system crash and glitch by restart the phone. System crash creates all sort of problem and this is one of them. Restarting the phone will clear it and allow you to charge the phone once more. Try this the first time you find that you can’t charge your J3 Luna Pro.
Perform thorough check on all part of the charging equipment, including USB cable and adapter. The burnt smell on the adapter and lump cable is a sign that those pieces of equipment is no longer work.
Replace the broken equipment and charge the phone. If you are not sure whether it was broken or not, try using different adapter and cable. Make sure to use a charging equipment with the same specification to make it work
You also need to check for any debris or dust in the USB port. No matter how small it was, debris and dust could block the current thus makes the phone won’t charge.
While in there, check for the charging pin or connector. A bent connector won’t be able to carry the current so you need to straighten it up using tweezers. After that, try to charge the phone once more.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro Screen Won’t Auto Rotate
Auto rotation is a common feature to be found on all type of modern smartphone including Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. You know you have this feature works when you change the orientation of the phone and the screen rotate automatically and change the way you view whatever that was playing on the screen.
But what if one day you find that the auto rotation feature on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro didn’t work? Is it possible to happen? Yes, it is possible and when it does, you need to know what to do about it.
Always start with the most obvious of all. Check for the auto rotation setting and make sure it was turned on. It won’t work if you haven’t turn it on. Swipe down the screen to bring notification panel and quick setting in view. Look for the auto rotation icon and tap to enable it. After that, give it a try and see whether it already work or not.
Restart the phone. Try this if you find that the screen still won’t auto rotate even though you already enable it. When you restart the phone, any crash and glitches will be wipe out, which probably cause this feature didn’t work in the first place.
Follow the above suggestion in order. It means, enable the feature and then restart the phone. In most cases, the screen on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro should be able to rotate automatically. In worst cases, it will do nothing. The screen stays stuck on its current position.
When it happens, then you probably deal with hardware failure. This is the time to get a technician to fix it for you instead of trying to fix it on your own.
How To Fix “Unfortunately Google App Has Stopped” on Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
Imagine this, you are using your favorite Google App and suddenly it closes on its own. The same thing happens again and again. This is very annoying because it means you have to start everything all over again. You need to launch the app once again and perhaps working on it from the beginning.
It is annoying but there are things that you can do about it. Try the following suggestion when you are having this kind of issue on your Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro:
1. Clear Google app cache
Clear the app cache will erase bad and corrupted cache. Corrupted cache causes all sort of problem with an app and wipe it out will solve the problem. You can clear app cache from “Settings > Apps > All Apps”. Find the name of the troubled App and tap to open, then choose “Storage > Clear Cache”.
2. Keep up with the newest version of the app
You know that the newest version of an app works better than the previous one. It usually has some improvement in different aspect of the app and had removed the bugs that were found in the previous version. Launch Google Play Store and update the troubled app.
3. Clear glitches by restarting the phone
Restarting the phone is the type of troubleshooting action that works great to deal with different sort of issue on the phone, especially the one caused by system crash and glitches. Restart the phone, launch the Google app once again and see how it works.
4. Factory reset
Keep this as the last resort. Factory reset is indeed a powerful action that could help to solve lots of issue including this one. But remember that it will create major change with the phone and you should be preparing for it.
Try the above suggestion to fix this issue. You will know when you find the right solution when the “Unfortunately Google App has stopped” message stopped showing up and you have no more issue with the app.