Learn how to boot Verizon LG K8 V into Safe Mode and determine if the third party app on the phone is the one causing problems such as freeze, run slowly or reset, using two different methods that work for a different situation.
Safe Mode on Verizon LG K8 V – Freeze, run slowly or the phone the keep reset all the time is the sign that there is something wrong with the phone. This kind of issue could happen to all type of phone including Verizon LG K8 V. To find the cause of this issue means finding the solution.
The first step to take is to determine whether third party app causing this issue or not. Boot the phone into safe mode will stop 3rd party app from working. Phone owner can test the phone and app functionality in this mode. If the phone works fine, it means 3rd party app is the culprit. Next step to take is to find the trouble causing app and disable it for good.
There are two methods to boot Verizon LG K8 V into safe mode. The first method works if the phone is responsive and can be powered on.
- Located the Power button on the back of the phone
- Press and hold it to bring “Power Menu” options on display
- Press and hold “Power Off” option until “Restart in Safe Mode” option displayed
- Tap “Reboot in Safe Mode?” option
- Tap “Turn On” to continue and wait for about a minute until the process is complete
- Look for the “Safe Mode” text written on the bottom left of the home screen. It indicate that it had succeeded boot into this mode
- Test the phone and app functionality, and see how it run
When the phone is not responsive and unable to power on, use the second method:
- Make sure that the phone is really off
- Press and hold two buttons simultaneously, the Power button and Volume Down button
- Keep pressing until “System Recovery” option appear on the screen
- Use Volume button to move between the option and highlight “Safe Mode” option
- Press Power button to select it
- Wait until the process is completed. It will show “Safe Mode” text written in the bottom left of the screen
- In Safe Mode, check for the phone and app functionality
In Safe Mode, 3rd party app won’t show up or it will be grayed out means that it is not working. Phone owner can start to analyze the phone and app functionality. If there is no problem occur such as the one that happens when the phone is in standard mode, it means that one of those 3rd party apps is the culprit.
But if the phone still has the same issue, it means that the problem is deeper that people thought previously. In most cases, things will work fine in safe mode. Phone owner can start to disable or uninstall his 3rd party app one at a time and analyze the result. It is a tedious work but it needs to be done. If it takes too much time, simply hard reset the phone and then add the needed app carefully, one by one and see which one that cause the problem.