Learn how to clear out the entire data on the phone with hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S8 Active using two methods that work best in different situation based on the phone condition.
Want to clear out the entire data and 3rd party application on Samsung Galaxy S8 Active easily? Try hard reset / factory reset. Factory reset will reset the phone and bring it to its factory state with no downloaded file and of course no 3rd party app, only the built-in app.
Hard reset / factory reset is useful when you want to clear everything before you sell the phone. It is also a powerful troubleshooting action that works when nothing is able to solve a performance issue that plagues the phone.
When it comes to hard reset, there are two ways to do it, the easy way and the hard way. Go for the easy way if the phone is responsive and you can access everything without any problem.
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Method 1 (Powered On)
Follow the guide below to use the easy way to perform hard reset / factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S8 Active:
- While your Galaxy S8 Active is on, go to “Settings > General Management”.
- Find the “Reset” option among the available menu and tap on it.
- You will find more option, and you need to find “Factory Data Reset” and then tap on it.
- At the bottom, you will see the option of “Reset”, tap on this option as well.
- One more thing, tap on the “Delete All” option and now the factory reset will begin.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, the device will turn back on automatically.
When you can’t access the application on the phone, use the hard way. Actually, it is not that hard. It only requires you to make a little detour by booting the phone into Recovery Mode first.
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Method 2 (Powered Off)
To perform hard reset / factory reset from Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, please follow the guide below:
- Boot your Galaxy S8 Active into Recovery Mode. In Recovery Mode, you have the access to perform hard factory reset action.
- In Recovery Mode, the touchscreen is not working. Navigate your way through the menu by using Volume button.
- Use Volume button to move between the menu and highlight “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option. Press Power button to select this option.
- Choose “Yes” to confirm the whole operation and wait for the process to complete.
- When it’s done, find the “Reboot System Now” option and use Power button to choose it. It should bring the phone back to standard operating mode.
You can try the above methods to factory reset your phone and bring it back to factory default setting, but remember to back up important files on the phone first, so you won’t lose any of it.
There is yellow triangle with a Black exclamation mark in it seperated from a miniature white manlike object. With “No command” indicated.
What should I do ? I want to factory reset my Samsung S8