The easy to follow guide on how to create a one-page landscape in a Microsoft Word that allows you to create a specific page on landscape orientation for specific purpose among the other horizontal pages.
Working with Word document is your day to day thing. But sometimes, you need to do it a little differently and you don’t know how to do it. For example, let’s say that you have around 10 pages of Microsoft Word document and you need to have pages 5 only on landscape orientation and the rest of it in portrait orientation. How are you going to achieve that?
The task seems so easy but it can be tricky especially for those who never encounter such challenge. No need to worry though, because actually, it is so easy to do. You can follow the guide below to create one-page landscape in Microsoft Word document you have in there:
- Open the document.
- Go to the end of the page right before the page that you wish to be created in landscape orientation. In this example, you want to create pages 5 on landscape orientation. It means you have to go and click on the end of page 4.
- Click “Page Layout > Breaks > Next Page”. By doing this, you create a section break and start a new section on the new page.
- Now, click “Page Layout > Orientation > Landscape”. Right now, the whole pages after page 4 are in landscape orientation. Since the goal here is to only create one landscape page on page 5, you need to changes the other pages back to portrait orientation.
- Click on the end of page 5.
- Click “Page Layout > Breaks > Next Page”. Once again you create a section break and start new section on the new page (page 6 and so on.)
- Now, click “Page Layout > Orientation > Portrait”. It will bring pages 6 and the rest of it back to portrait orientation.
That is all. It’s easy to create one page in landscape orientation in a Word document. All you need to do is play with “Breaks” setting on Page Layout section. You can use this setting for another purpose as well, such as creating a specific style or setting like numbering to a specific page on your document.
“Breaks” setting also offer various options to break and create a new section, not only on the next page but also with another part of the document itself. You can try each of those options to learn how to use this setting to achieve a different result on your document.