Find out how you can put your LG Stylo 3 into its factory default setting by performing a factory reset using hard reset and soft reset method, where both methods work on the different situation based on your phone condition.
Factory Reset on LG Stylo 3 – Based on the condition of your LG Stylo 3, a factory reset can be done using two methods, soft reset and hard reset. The name may sound different and they are indeed using a different approach but both of them will help you reach the same goal which is bringing the phone into its factory default setting.
Remember that you need to back up everything on your phone before you start the factory reset this phone. You can use whatever method you are comfortable with, using cloud storage, an external storage, microSD card or whatever you have in mind.
Soft Factory Reset LG
Soft reset methods are the best option to do when your phone respond to any command. Nothing wrong with it and you can access the entire app easily. To perform a soft reset on LG Stylo 3, please follow the guideline below:
- Go to “Settings” application on your device.
- Scroll down until you come up with “Backup & Reset” option. Tap on it.
- You will see different options appear. Find “Factory Data Reset” option and tap on it.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see “Reset Phone” option. Tap on it.
- Enter your unlock sequence if you have configured one, then tap “Delete All” and tap “OK” to confirm.
- Wait until the process is completed, where the phone will reboot back to its normal mode.
Hard Factory Reset LG
In the other hand, when your phone didn’t respond to any of your commands and you can’t launch any application in it, a hard reset is the only way to do it. To perform a hard reset on LG Stylo 3, please follow the guideline below:
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Now, press and hold Power and Volume Down button in the same time for several seconds until you see LG logo appear on the screen.
- When the LG logo is displayed, release the Power button (keep pressing the Volume Down key) for a moment and then press it again. When the “System Recovery” screen is displayed, release both buttons.
- Use Volume button to move between the menu and highlight “Factory Data Reset” option. Press Power button to select this option.
- Choose “Yes” to confirm the whole operation and wait for the process to complete.
When the phone has booted back into the standard operating mode, check for the change that has taken place and enjoy the result.