Step by step instruction on how to perform a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy J7, using two methods that applied for a different situation, to clear out the unsolved issue with the phone performance and have it work once more.
Trying to sell your Samsung Galaxy J7 and don’t want anyone else to get a look at particular information that you used to keep on the phone? Or are you having a problem with the phone that you can’t fix with other troubleshooting action? Well, in that case, try factory reset.
Factory reset will bring the phone back to its fresh clear state, just like when it was out of the factory. No 3rd party app, no data, and files that were not part of its default setting.
It can be done quite easily, as long as you know how to do. One more thing, before you factory resets your phone, please backup everything. Back it up so you can restore your personal data later, after factory reset.
Let’s start with soft reset. This is the easiest method to do factory reset because you don’t have to boot to special mode at first.
Just go to “Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.” It is that easy and when it’s done, the phone will restart and gives you a clear blank state to work with.
If you got the kind of issue that not allow you to access the phone, then go for hard reset method by:
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot the phone to Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, use Volume button to move between the menu and to highlight “Wipe data / factory reset” option.
- Press Power button to select it.
- Once it’s done, select “Restore system now” option to bring the phone back to standard operating mode.
When everything is complete and you had booted the phone back to its standard mode, you will find that the whole setting has gone back to default. Restore your personal data and this phone is ready to use.
Learn more about Samsung Galaxy J7 troubleshooting:
- How to Wipe Cache Partition on Samsung Galaxy J7
- How to Clear Cache and Clear Data on Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy J7 User Manual / User Guide