Get help for optimizing your Amazon Fire tablet.
- Conserve Power in Your Fire Tablet
- Enable Battery Saver for Your Fire Tablet (8th Gen or newer)
- Get Your Fire Tablet to Charge
- Erase SD Card Content in Your Fire Tablet
- Optimize Storage on Your Fire Tablet
- Resolve Liquid Detection Issues on Your Fire Tablet
- Schedule Smart Suspend on Your Fire Tablet
- Learn About Wireless Charging Docks for Fire Tablet
- Fix Wireless Charging Issues for Your Fire Tablet
Conserve Power in Your Fire Tablet
Use power saving features or settings on your Fire tablet to preserve your device’s battery:
- Force close apps running in the background.
- Dim your screen.
- Reduce your screen timeout.
- Confirm that your device is using the latest software version.
- Use Smart Suspend to disconnect from your network when it’s not in use.
- Lower the volume or use headphones.
- Enable Battery Saver or Low Power Mode (available on 8th Generation and newer Fire tablets).
Select Fire tablet models conform to ENERGY STAR requirements and default power management settings have been selected to promote energy efficiency. Using these default settings can help preserve valuable resources and save you money.
Enable Battery Saver for Your Fire Tablet (8th Gen or newer)
Turn on Battery Saver or Low Power Mode to conserve power on your device:
- Select Battery in Settings.
- Select Low Power Mode to manually turn on Battery Saver and help extend your tablet’s battery life.
Tip: Battery Saver can be set to turn on automatically once the device reaches a certain battery percentage. Select Automatic Low Power Mode and then use the slider to select the power level that activates Battery Saver.
Get Your Fire Tablet to Charge
Try the following steps to get your device to charge.
Make sure that your environment isn’t too hot or too cold (tablets are sensitive to extreme temperatures).
- Disconnect your device from charging equipment, such as the power adapter and cable. If you’re using a wireless charging dock or mat, remove the tablet.
- Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds or until your device restarts.
- Reconnect your device to charge; plug in the cable to the power adapter and your device, then plug the adapter into an outlet.
Your Fire tablet indicator light turns orange while charging. If your tablet still isn’t charging, you may be eligible for a warranty replacement.
Erase SD Card Content in Your Fire Tablet
Want to remove data from the microSD card in your Fire tablet? Follow these steps:
- Select Storage from the Settings menu.
- Select Erase SD Card to remove all data on your microSD card.
Optimize Storage on Your Fire Tablet
Short on space? Retain storage by removing or deleting unused content:
- Open Settings then select Storage.
- Remove content that is not being used by selecting Archive Now under 1-tap Archive.
Note: Amazon purchased content is automatically saved to the Cloud. Removing it from your device does not delete it from your Amazon account.
Resolve Liquid Detection Issues on Your Fire Tablet
The charging port on tablets with USB-C ports are sensitive to liquid. If liquid is detected in the port, an alert is displayed on-screen and you are temporarily not allowed to charge the device.
- A liquid detection notification appears intermittently as liquid evaporates from the USB-C port.
- Do not use any other methods or products to dry the USB-C port, as the device can become permanently damaged.
- If you’re charging, unplug the cable from the device. Failure to do so can result in permanent damage. An audio alert and pop-up icon can not be dismissed until you unplug the cable.
- Hold the device facing port side down and gently shake it for about 5 seconds, or until liquid is not visibly present in the port.
- Rest the device on a flat surface to dry completely (for up to 48 hours). If liquid is detected in the port, a liquid icon is displayed on the device screen.
You can still use your device when liquid is detected. After the liquid icon disappears, you can charge your device.
Schedule Smart Suspend on Your Fire Tablet
Manage power consumption on your Fire tablet with Smart Suspend. The Smart Suspend feature learns when you use your device, and depending on expected usage, automatically turns your Internet connection on and off.
Automatic Smart Suspend is turned on by default and is managed from the settings:
- Select Power or Battery from the Settings menu.
- Switch Automatic Smart Suspend off.
- Set specific hours by selecting Scheduled Smart Suspend and entering your preferred beginning and end times.
Learn About Wireless Charging Docks for Fire Tablet
Wirelessly charge your compatible Fire tablet with most Qi-certified charging docks or mats.
Use a “Made for Amazon” charging dock, such as ANGREAT charging stand, or other Qi-Certified dock or mat with your Fire tablet that supports wireless charging.
When using a dock, place your tablet horizontally or vertically in the center of the dock. The LED on the charging dock turns solid white when the tablet is charging. Refer to the dock or mat user guide included in the box, if needed.
The Fire HD 10 Plus (11th Generation) takes approximately 3.5 hours to fully charge from 0%-100% using the “Made for Amazon” wireless charging dock.
Not all Qi-Certified Chargers are compatible with the Fire HD 10 (11th Generation) Plus.
The following Qi certified wireless chargers are not compatible with Fire HD 10 Plus devices due to mechanical incompatibility:
Qi-ID 71 from Convenient Power: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/71
Qi-ID 1637 from Novero: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/1637
Qi-ID 2220 from casanova: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/2220
Qi-ID 2471 from Onetto: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/2471
Qi-ID 3047 from TYLT: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/3047
Qi-ID 2768 from Belkin: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/2768
Qi-ID 4050 from Belkin: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/4050
Qi-ID 6945 from Sdion: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/6945
Qi-ID 8356 from FIT: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/8356
Qi-ID 8328 from PYS Industrial: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/8328
Qi-ID 8739 from Belkin: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/8739
Qi-ID 8740 from Belkin: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/8740
Qi-ID 9416 from Injoinic Technology: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/9416
Qi-ID 9598 from Samsung C&T: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/9598
Qi-ID 10339 from Blande Technology: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/10339
Fix Wireless Charging Issues for Your Fire Tablet
Fire tablet not charging with your wireless charging dock or mat.
- Use a “Made for Amazon” charging dock or other compatible Qi-certified charging dock or mat.
- Be sure to place your tablet in the center of the charging dock. The LED on the charging stand turns solid white when the tablet is charging.
- Be sure that your charging dock is connected to power.
- If your tablet is in a cover, make sure it’s closed while charging. Also, try removing the cover.
- Restart your tablet. Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds or until the device turns off.
Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide:
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Setup and Connection
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Power, Battery, and Storage
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Fire Tablet for Kids
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Apps and Content
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Alexa on Fire Tablet
- Amazon Fire Tablet User Guide: Accessibility on Fire Tablet
- Troubleshooting: Common Amazon Fire Tablet Problems and How to Fix Them