Find out how you can turn your Samsung Galaxy S7 Active into Personal Hotspot by enable the Wi-Fi tethering or mobile hotspot and connect your laptop and other device to the internet using this feature.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active has a feature called Wi-Fi tethering. This feature allows you to turn your smartphone into personal hotspot. You can connect your laptop as well as your other device to the internet using this feature.
How do you enable this feature? Follow this step by step guide and in no time you will be able to use your laptop to browse the internet using the connection from your phone:
- On your phone, go to Settings app. Tap on Connections.
- Tap Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Next you need to tap Mobile Hotspot and slide the slider to turn it ON. When it’s already ON, it mean that you have enabled the mobile hotspot or Wi-Fi tethering feature on your phone. If you want to disable it, just follow the same step and slide the slider back to OFF position.
- Next step is to connect other device with your phone. On your device, find Wi-Fi feature and turn it on.
- Tap on your Galaxy S7 hotspot network name.
- Before it can make the connection, you need to enter the password first on your device. You may find the password on the Mobile Hotspot setting screen on your phone.
On Mobile Hotspot setting screen, you can change hotspot connection. Tap on “More” options, where it will lead you to several settings including Network Name, Hide My Device preference, Security Type, Password and also more advanced options. When you are done with it, click “Save” to keep the change that you made.
This feature is very useful but it also will drain your battery faster than normal use, so you better pay attention on the battery level or perhaps you can keep it on charge while you enable this feature to prevent it from running out of power.